A new video from the University of California Irvine attempts to decrease the stigma attached to HIV through the personal stories of those affected by HIV/AIDS in Peru. Focusing on the only gay men’s health community center in Peru (Epicentro), the video features the work of Dr. Brandon Brown, the director of the Global Health Research Education and Translation (GHREAT) Initiative in the Program in Public Health at UC Irvine and a Fordham University HIV Prevention Research Ethics Training Institute (RETI) fellow.
TopicsAbortion Adam L. Fried American Psychological Association Bioethics Catholic Church Celia B. Fisher Center for Ethics Education Education Elizabeth Yuko Embryo Ethics Facebook Fordham University Fordham University HIV and Drug Abuse Prevention Research Ethics Training Institute Health disparities HIV HIV Prevention Informed consent Institutional review board In vitro fertilisation IRB LGBT LGBT Ethics Morality New York Times Peter Singer Prison Psychology Public Health Research Ethics RETI Social Justice Stem cell United States Vulnerable populations
- Dr. Celia B. Fisher appears on the Melissa Harris-Perry show on MSNBC to discuss health disparities and Ebola
- Options or oppression: What do new egg freezing job benefits mean for women?
- Center for Ethics Education to host workshop on blog writing and social engagement on Oct. 22nd
- Unique program at Fordham examines social issues; seeks to add to renowned faculty
- Fordham RETI fellow examines gender-based violence, HIV, and the intersection of these two health threats
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets