The 21st century is marked by heightened concern over the need for moral leadership that will improve our lives and ensure the health and just future of our world. The need for ethical discourse in academic, professional, and public life has never been more urgent. Blogging has become a way to have a major voice in critical social debates reaching across the globe.
Join Dr. Elizabeth Yuko, bioethicist and editor of Ethics & Society for an introductory workshop on blog writing on Wednesday, October 22nd from 12:00 – 1:15 p.m. in the Campbell Multipurpose Room on Fordham’s Rose Hill campus. The event is open to all students, faculty and staff.
Learn how to contribute to the Student Voices section of Ethics & Society as a first step to being a part of a media voice for change.
The workshop will include topics such as:
- Writing for a wide audience
- Style and tone of pieces
- Using effective and accessible language
- The editing process
- How to structure a blog post
- Careers in writing/social media
Learn how to address issues such as:
- The environment & natural disasters
- International conflicts & terrorism
- Poverty & access to resources
- Public health
- Other constantly changing concerns
Please R.S.V.P. to email@example.com by October 20th if you would like to attend. Refreshments will be provided.